Current CPP faculty, staff, and students may sign on to Blackboard using the CAS service.
Guest and Extended University Login
Does your account start with bb_ or ceu_? Use the Guest and Extended University Login.
Welcome to the Blackboard e-Education platform—designed to enable educational innovations everywhere by connecting people and technology.
Blackboard Bug: Instructor Discussion Board 'Access Denied'
(Tuesday, October 11, 2016)
We have received reports from instructors encountering an 'Access Denied' error when attempting to open Discussion Board Forums that are unavailable to students. Blackboard is aware of the issue and is currently developing a fix. Until the fix is available, an easy workaround is to make the affected Discussion Board Forum available to students.
Instructors can still review each student's submission and provide a grade by following these steps:
- Open the course
- Navigate to the 'Discussion Board'
- Click the chevron (down arrow) next a Forum
- Click 'Grade'
- Click 'Grade' next to any student's name
- Review the student's post and provide a grade using the right-side panel
- Click 'Submit' when done
Alternatively, the Performance Dashboard is a great to to review each student's Discussion Board post.
Blackboard Service Status
(Tuesday, May 24, 2016)
Blackboard publishes the most current service availability to Blackboard Learn Managed Hosting Service Status.
IT reserves the following Scheduled Maintenance Windows for necessary Blackboard downtime:
- Thursdays, 9:30pm - 11:59pm
- Sundays, 5:00am - 8:00am
Notice for planned Blackboard downtime will be posted to this page as far in advance as possible.
Blackboard Quarterly Maintenance (12/14/16, 2pm – 12/16/16, 2pm)
(Monday, November 28, 2016)
Quarterly Maintenance: Blackboard will be unavailable during Quarterly Maintenance, scheduled 12/14, 2:00 p.m. through 12/16, 2:00 p.m. IT will be performing the following during this time:
- Updating to Blackboard Learn version 9.1 Q2 2016 CU3 for improved stability, accessibility, and security.
- Removing Fall 2013 courses per IT’s Blackboard retention practices. Faculty should save personal course back-ups using Blackboard’s Export Course tool.
- Enrolling Winter 2017 students into Blackboard courses. Read further for more information.
- Making Fall 2016 courses unavailable to students.
- Expiring Fall 2016 guest accounts, unless an extension is requested.
Course Creation: Blackboard courses have been created for each Winter course section in BroncoDirect. New sections and instructor changes will be reflected in Blackboard the following morning (~9:00am). Please see IT’s Blackboard course creation services for more information.
Can’t find your Blackboard course? Check your ‘My Courses’ visibility settings and ensure your course is correctly listed in BroncoDirect.
Does your course menu need a makeover? Consider eLearning’s new Quality Matters (QM) course template to make navigation easy.
Student Enrollment: Students will be enrolled into Winter Blackboard courses by the end of the above Quarterly Maintenance timeframe.
Using Blackboard in Winter? Make your courses available to allow student access.