Current CPP faculty, staff, and students may sign on to Blackboard using the CAS service.
Guest and Extended University Login
Use the Guest and Extended University Login if you are
- not affiliated with Cal Poly Pomona and are using a Guest account (i.e. usernames starting with bb_) or
- an Extended University student using a CEU account (i.e. usernames starting with ceu_).
Welcome to the Blackboard e-Education platform—designed to enable educational innovations everywhere by connecting people and technology.
Blackboard Service Status
(Tuesday, May 24, 2016)
Blackboard publishes the most current service availability to Blackboard Learn Managed Hosting Service Status.
IT reserves the following Scheduled Maintenance Windows for necessary Blackboard downtime:
- Thursdays, 9:30pm - 11:59pm
- Sundays, 5:00am - 8:00am
Notice for planned Blackboard downtime will be posted to this page as far in advance as possible.
Blackboard Quarterly Maintenance (9/7/16 2:00pm – 9/9/16 2:00pm)
(Thursday, August 25, 2016)
Quarterly Maintenance: Blackboard Quarterly Maintenance is scheduled for 9/7, 2:00 p.m. through 9/9, 2:00 p.m. Blackboard will remain available during this time as IT completes the following activities:
- Make Summer 2016 courses unavailable to students.
- Expire guest accounts, unless an extension is requested.
What’s New in Fall? During Summer we said “Goodbye to Bb Archive!” All 13 quarters worth of maintained courses are now available directly through Blackboard. No need to use a separate system to find your older materials! Clean up your lengthy course list by hiding older courses.
Course Creation: Blackboard course shells have been created for each Fall course section posted to BroncoDirect. New sections and instructor changes in BroncoDirect will be reflected in Blackboard the following morning. Find more information about Blackboard’s automated course creation process.
Can’t find your Blackboard course? Make sure your course information has been entered correctly into BroncoDirect and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does your course menu need revamping? Consider using eLearning’s new Quality Matters (QM) course template to make navigation easy.
Is your course list getting unwieldy? Hide older courses you no longer need.
Student Enrollment: Students will be enrolled into Fall Blackboard courses by the end of the above Quarterly Maintenance timeframe.
Using Blackboard in Fall? Make your courses available to allow student access.
- Blackboard tutorials are available 24/7 at eHelp.
- Common faculty and staff requests can be submitted to eLearning’s Request Form.
- Email email@example.com (will automatically create a Service Now ticket).
- Call or visit Studio 6, eLearning’s faculty and staff computing lab:
- Building 1, Room 205C